We are a bioinformatics research group and are part of the Center for Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School, Children's
Hospital Informatics Program, Harvard-MIT Division of Health,
Science, & Technology, and Division of Genetics at Brigham and Women's Hospital. More information on the principal investigator is here.
* Oct 31, 2013: This time, congratulations to Francesco, Andrew! Their papers came out (online) on the same day in Cell Reports and Cell. These are results of collaborations with the Mitzi Kuroda and Steve Elledge labs.
* May 9, 2013: Congratulations to Lixing and Francesco! Their papers came out on the same day in Cell and Cell Stem Cell.
* April, 2013: A "Technical comment" in Science by Ferrari & Jung et al, points out a problem with a Science article.
Jan, 2013: Congratulations to Joshua Ho, who will begin his position as a faculty member at the Victor Chang Research Institute back at home in Sydney in the fall.
* July, 2012: Congratulations to Michael for his new faculty position in the Department of Molecular Biology at Massachusetts General Hospital. Well done! His lab page is here.
* June 2012: We welcome two visitors to the lab: Guidantonio Malagoli Tagliazucchi, a graduate student from Modena, Italy (May-Nov), and Dr. Marc Streit from Johannes Kepler University in Linz, Austria (Aug-Oct).
*June 2012: Congratulations to Alice and Michael for their forthcoming papers in Science and Molecular Cell, respectively.
*June 2012: Peter is a recipient of an HMS Young Mentor Award. (Seventeen in three categories were chosen from 481 nominees)
link to HMS newsletter
*June 2012: Congratulations to Ruibin Xi, who will start a faculty position in the Center for Statistical Science at Peking University in the fall.
*Nov 2011: Students interested in a bioinformatics PhD should consider The Bioinformatics and Integrative Genomics PhD program at Harvard Medical School, co-directed by Isaac Kohane and Peter Park.
*Oct 2011: The Park lab team, led by Nils Gehlenborg, wins one of the two Integrated Biology Research Grants from Agilent Technologies. Press release from Agilent
*Jul 2011: Congratulations to Peter Kharchenko, who was offered an assistant professorship at Harvard! He will be starting his own lab at CBMI in the fall.
*Jun 2011: Richard Park is a finalist in the Illumina iDEA Challenge for his structural variation viewer for whole-genome sequenicng data.
* Dec 2010: The modENCODE papers are out! Congrats to Peter Khachenko and the team for the chromatin paper in Nature and the integrative paper in Science. For additional information, see the press release from NIH, Genome 'census' reveals hidden riches at NatureNews and Early Reports From the 'Dark Matter' of the Genome from wired.com. The figure on the right shows a snapshot from the chromatin state browser that Richard Park in the group implemented.
* Feb 2010: Peter wins the Sloan Research Fellowship.